Farm Tour & Tasting
Each person requires 1 ticket to attend.
The Farm Tour & Tasting is a 1 hour experience, including:
Guided Farm Discovery Walk (30 minutes)
- Discover the techniques and equipment used to support the husbandry, growth and harvesting of Carlsbad's homegrown oysters and mussels.
- Learn about our sustainable shellfish farming practices that preserve the lagoon's ecosystem health.
- Hands-on-learning with live shellfish! Hold juvenile and adult oysters and mussels featured in our touch tanks.
Shucking Class (10 minutes)
- Oyster shucking demonstration led by our experienced tour guides.
- Shuck your own farm-fresh oysters while overlooking the lagoon and our farm crew hard at work planting and harvesting oysters and mussels.
- Lemons, hot sauce, shucking tools and drinking water are provided.
Generous Oyster Tastings (20 minutes)
- Adult (13+) tickets include 6 oysters for shucking and tasting.
- Kid (6-12) tickets include 2 oysters for shucking and tasting.
Children under the age of 6 are free and do not require a reservation.
Oysters & mussels are also available to purchase to take home after the Farm Tour. Pre-orders are not required for Farm Tour guests.
Contact us for larger groups & exclusive private events.