Farm Tour & Tasting
Regular price $40.00
Unit price per
Each person requires 1 ticket to attend.
The Farm Tour & Tasting is a 1.5 hour experience, including:
Off-Site Parking & Shuttle to Farm (5 minutes)
- Due to temporary construction on the farm, we currently provide off-site parking at our nearby partner The Army Navy Academy where your tour guide will check you in and catch a shuttle to the farm! On-site parking is currently closed.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your tour time to check-in
- Address: 2500 Mountain View Dr Carlsbad, CA 92008
Guided Farm Discovery Walk (30 minutes)
- Discover the techniques and equipment used to support the husbandry, growth and harvesting of Carlsbad's homegrown oysters and mussels.
- Learn about our sustainable shellfish farming practices that preserve the lagoon's ecosystem health.
- Hands-on-learning with live shellfish! Hold juvenile and adult oysters and mussels featured in our touch tanks.
Shucking Class (10 minutes)
- Oyster shucking demonstration led by our experienced tour guides.
- Shuck your own farm-fresh oysters while overlooking the lagoon and our farm crew hard at work planting and harvesting oysters and mussels.
- Lemons, hot sauce, shucking tools and drinking water are provided.
Generous Oyster Tastings (20 minutes)
- Adult (13+) tickets include 6 oysters for shucking and tasting.
- Kid (0-12) tickets include 2 oysters for shucking and tasting.
- We provide oysters that are available to us depending on the season.
Shuttle Back to Off-Site Parking (10 minutes)
- Once your tasting has concluded, our shuttle will be waiting to bring you back to our off-site parking area.
All persons attending the tour are required to have a reservation. This includes children of all ages.
Oysters & mussels are also available to purchase to take home after the Farm Tour. Pre-orders are not required for Farm Tour guests.
Contact us for larger groups & exclusive private events.
Questions? Read our FAQs and Cancellation Policy